Monday, April 25, 2011

windy city (catching up)

I'm super behind with posts, but I figured it was time to fill in some of the gaps. A few weeks ago I squeezed a Chicago trip in between my usual LGA-BOS work route, and had exactly the weekend I needed. It was a few days of being pampered in a lovely boutique hotel, wandering like tourists, and fantastic dining (gorging?)
In that order...



.ACCOMMODATIONS.


We stayed in The James Hotel, a gorgeously-decorated and posh (but not ostentatious) boutique right by the Magnificent Mile. I was instantly in love, and became an even greater fan when I was upgraded to a one-bed apartment from a standard room. I wanted to steal all their furniture and decor. Was also completely inspired by the bathroom for a potential future reno of my own. Highly recommend it!


.WANDERING.

Nothing too special to report here. I've been to the windy city before, but it was fun to wander, take photos, ignore work emails, and pretend I'd never seen the Bean before. Weather cooperated more than anticipated, which was def a perk, although that extra pair of tights in my bag came in really handy.


.DINING.

Dinner at David Burke's Primehouse was definitely a highlight. It was the full dining experience. From the perfectly-made dirty martini (complete with blue cheese stuffed olives.. yum) to the popovers, the Caesar salad made in front of us table-side (yes, every ingredient of the dressing), the best steaks I've tasted in my life, a completely delightful waiter, and then a tour of the salt-tiled aging room to round out the night. Yes.

Additional stand-out meals included
brunch at the Grand Lux and The Signature Lounge on the 96th floor at John Hancock for Naba & Bejan's "wedding anniversary".

Lazy days, good food, great company, and all sorts of relaxation. Just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment