Wednesday, January 25, 2012

kitchen inspiration

I feel like it has been a while since I have made any home improvements or decorating changes, and that makes me antsy. Although I'm not nearly ready to undertake a kitchen renovation, I have started looking for inspiration. I will have to check whether it's even feasible, but I would like to knock down a wall of the kitchen (at least partially) to open up the space. It's currently a galley kitchen with no natural light. By opening up a wall to the living / dining space, more light would be introduced and the spaces would feel more connected (I could watch tv while washing dishes!)

The downsides: there may be plumbing running through that wall (expensive to change and possibly a deal breaker) and losing that wall means losing the overhead storage. A new solution to the latter recently occurred to me - open shelving! Something like this could realistically work:


And it would actually look similar in here. More research is in order. Feeling inspired!

Ps. Super excited to publish my first post via iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment