Monday, January 16, 2012

nearly there {28}

This year, my birthday - or rather, pre-birthday weekend - has been all about food! On Saturday, cocktails and cake at Sel de la Terre with great company (cake skills provided by Sarah). Sunday morning it was brunch at home comprised of bagels with cream cheese, lox, and capers + grapefruit + my typical tea.. super yum! (and even better because I didn't have to do anything but eat!)


And then Sunday night an amaaaaaazing dinner at L'Espalier. It didn't feel appropriate to take photos of all 6 courses (the Winter 2012 Degustation), so I snapped no food at all. It was amazing though, and great to finally see the new location after many, many visits to the old spot - primarily for Wine Mondays which they still have!

I am now attempting to make some kind of Korean beef stew but I really have no clue what I am doing, and in usual form am following no sort of recipe. I hope it's good, and at least remotely Asian-tasting...

No comments:

Post a Comment