Thursday, January 24, 2013

oh, january


I had all these great intentions of writing a Happy New Year post full of positivity and good intentions for 2013, but that just didn't happen.  And then I thought I could turn it into a happy birthday to me or things to do before I'm 30 post, but I missed that too.  (We did have a lovely dinner at Deuxave though.)

If I had written either of those posts, I would have made some sort of commitment to writing more often.  I'm glad that I wrote nearly twice as much in 2012 as in 2011, and I'd like to continue that trend.  Without writing nonsense, of course.  I know some of you are still checking in (I see the pageviews!) so I will continue to write.  I appreciate your stopping in, I do!

So let's make that some sort of a not-quite-new-year's resolution.  Here are some more / my 2013 to do list:
  1. Write more.  Make it good.
  2. Take better photos.
  3. Try at least one new dinner recipe each month.  (We made chickpea soup last night - already accomplished for January!)
  4. Bring a guest contributor on board.  (Shhh it's a surprise!  More details to come)
  5. Keep that orchid alive.*
  6. Finally actually post about Barcelona and Paris.  
  7. Try rearranging the bedroom sometime this year.
  8. Bring more color into our home.
  9. Spend more time with family. 
I know a lot of that is ambiguous and relative, but I'm ok with that.

Good news: I already have a leg up on #7 - trip next month to Calgary / Banff to visit my sister!   Wee!


*This lovely orchid was a surprise from Adam in early December.  It's doing well so far but I think I was watering it too often.  If you're super perceptive maybe you noticed the print in the background on the left actually moved up to the entry.  The print on the right took its place.  A less-official #10 (or spin on #8): Hang more art!

No comments:

Post a Comment