Wednesday, July 28, 2010

warm fuzzies

I feel so fortunate to have so much love and support in my life.
My friends have always been my immediate support network, and it is easy to recognize the impact they have on my life on a daily basis, but it is really my family that I think of now. Even though I have been away from home - away from my siblings and my parents - for eight years, they always keep me grounded, and always come through for me. While I know that's the way it's "supposed" to be, I also recognize that not everyone is so fortunate. I am infinitely thankful that I can say I have this kind of love and support in my life.
The most basic things can make family so wonderful - like when you can see your parents still love one another.

(mom and dad)

It makes me so happy that in spite of distance, my sister is not just a sister, but a role model and best friend. And that my baby brother has grown up to be such a sweetheart (and such a baller!), taking care of me. And it is surprising, and yet so warming, to realize that over the years, my mom has become the person I most frequently pick up the phone to call.

1 comment: